About the documentation¶
The Envoy documentation is composed of a few major sections:
- Introduction: This section covers a general overview of what Envoy is, an architecture overview, how it is typically deployed, etc.
- Installation: How to build/install Envoy using Docker.
- Configuration: Detailed configuration instructions. Where relevant, the configuration guide also contains information on statistics, runtime configuration, and REST APIs.
- Operations: General information on how to operate Envoy including the command line interface, hot restart wrapper, administration interface, a general statistics overview, etc.
- Extending Envoy: Information on how to write custom filters for Envoy.